To get Hannah's perspective on her first day of grade 8, visit her blog (abagofcarrots.blogspot.com).
Rachel had a good first day, catching up with her classmates from last year. They didn't really do any work. It was basically a meet your teachers, discuss class rules, and stuff like that, type of day. They started a cover page in their "Projects" book, which Rachel has finished at home tonight. She brought home a stack of books which we have covered this afternoon.
Keziah and Rebekah enjoyed their first day. Here are the diary entries that they wrote during class (I will copy their writing exactly, complete with spelling errors):
Dear Diary,
This is my first day at school. Before today I was home schooled. I am in Ms. Watson's class. She's a great techer. I've found out that Chloe and Ella are in my class. At recess I found Kiarni. Before recess we made name tages to put on our desks, after that we made rules for our class. School's great I wish I had come earlyer. We had lunch then we went outside to play. Bye for now. (Keziah)
Dear Diary, Today is my first day of school. I'm really exited. At school, our teacher is Msz Watson. My friends are Chloe, Ella and some others I can't remember their names. We said good morning to Msz. Watson, then we played silent ball, it was fun, then we talked about rules and made some rules for the class, then we had morning tea and I talked with my friends. then talk about going to the toilet and about a school diary, then we had a quick esemberly, then we had lunch, and had a run around, then we played mine shafts. (Rebekah)
My day was very quiet. I cleaned the bathrooms, vacuumed the floors, put some clutter away, and then collected the girls from school.
Signing off for now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am glad that your girls had a good start to the school year. (And impressed that you got so much done!)I hope that you all continue to enjoy the year ahead. :)
ReplyDeleteEnjoy having so much time to yourself. I give you two weeks before you are looking for something more stimulating than housework to do. I go nuts if there is nothing more exciting to do. It is great and rewarding for about two weeks to ahve everything done. (not that it happens here very often, too busy for that)
ReplyDeletelol. You may want to consider taking up a free online game - like Neopets, or there are several Sci-Fi/Fantasy ones that I would recommend. Alternatively, if you still wanted to use technolology, you could try Popcap.com or Playfirst.com
ReplyDelete