We went to our shack at Lake Leake for the long weekend. The kids had a great time with their Lake Leake friends. They went bike riding, swimming, demolished part of the out-house (deliberatley, as it was already falling down), used the timber to make a raft, cooked damper, etc, etc,.
I spent Friday at the supermarket, buying the food required to keep the hungry army happy. I supervised the kids as they packed their clothes. I packed the bedding, toiletries, towels, teatowels, games (actually Hannah organised the games), etc, etc,. So guess who copped the blame when we got up there without any sunhats? That's right - ME! I still haven't heard the end of it as Hannah and Rebekah still have sore scalps.
We are going to Mt Field this weekend. I have already packed the sunhats. What will I forget this time, I wonder?
Oh, by the way, Andrew and I had a very relaxing weekend in-between the kids activities. I think "couching" is Emma's term for it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Might I suggest that you make a generick list of what to pack and give it to those kids of yours and then if it is on the list and not in the bag it isn't your fault. The list might need a few versions to get it right and comprehensive. That is how I trained mine not to say "my mum forgot to pack it for me".
ReplyDeleteGlad you got a bit of a break too.