Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Easter Stumbling Block

My New Year's resolution for 2009 was to weigh less than my husband before the next New Year.

There were two possible approaches to achieve this goal:

1. Lots of cakes and goodies to increase Andrew's weight.
2. Diet and exercise to decrease my weight.

Although I was really tempted by option 1, it wouldn't help my situation in the long run. Shopping for clothes would remain depressing, and my children would continue to out-walk me.

I've been working on option 2. To date, I have lost 9kg (that's about a third of the way there).

The Easter stumbling block was causing me some concern. All that chocolate!

Solution:
I bought myself a "chocolate bunny". When the others were consuming their Easter chocolate, I got out my "chocolate bunny" so I didn't feel too hard done by. My bunny is actually a chocolate scented plush bunny which sings "Yummy Yummy Yummy I've got love in my tummy" when you press it's hand. The best thing is that I will still have my "chocolate bunny" long after the others have finished their Easter chocolate!!

2 comments:

  1. Great idea, wish I had thought of that. You look good by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done sister! BTW, dark chocolate requires less to be consumed for the same amount of pleasure...so a small dark chocolate hit (i.e. one Lindt square) can be forgiven every so often. And if you have a day where you fall off the wagon, so what? Just pick yourself up and get right back on. Don't beat yourself up over it.

    ReplyDelete