Friday, May 29, 2009

Unwelcome Visitors and Hair Driers

I have been investigating why some members of my family have some unwelcome visitors and some have escaped this plight.

The common factor among those that don't have these visitors is the hair dryer! I have looked into this, and although no so called experts will back up this theory, there is evidence that the lowly hair dryer may indeed help prevent unwelcome visitors.

This would explain why this is a much bigger problem among primary students than among their teenage highschool counterparts.

Scratching your head? You may have unwelcome visitors too.

Take a look at the entries on the ABC Talking Health blog:

http://www.abc.net.au/health/talkinghealth/factbuster/stories/2008/06/11/2271382.htm

4 comments:

  1. Hello, Mum???

    Firstly, the hairdryer is MY theory about the nits. And it works because no-one at high school seems to get nits and we all dry our hair! But I think its gotta be a preventitive, not a cure.

    Secondly, they are NITS mum. Nit is not a dirty word. Nit nit nit nit nit. Seriously, Mum, your funny enough about the word sex; don't get thingy about the word nit too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was trying to be CRYPTIC! Now that you've given away the topic, I'll never know if I had anyone scratching their heads in confusion! THANKS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just the mere mention of those little beasties is enough to make one want to scratch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the way, I understood what you were talking about before Hannah spilt the beans.

    ReplyDelete